Thursday, May 21, 2009

Things you don't want to have happen to you...


  1. Have your left contact lens rip in half in your eye while driving on a winding road. This is highly unpleasant.

  2. Continue to drive, with one eye shut.

  3. Try to do your shopping with one eye shut. You look like Popeye.

That was today.


Yesterday -



  1. Put off spring "ladyscaping" for too long. You'll have a fight with this...

My Schick Intuition will never be the same. It obviously doesn't have very good intuition, because it had no idea what feats it was going to have to perform. I'm thinking it will go on strike.

2. Go to a fabric store, only to get yelled at by the woman working there because I don't know a lot about fabric. WTF? Aren't they supposed to help you there? I DO NOT think they are supposed to ask you why you are there if you don't know what you're talking about. Yes, that really happened.

3. Go to IKEA for a "few things." It never is a few things when you go into their fab marketplace.

That, my friends, is what is going on in Debland. It's an exciting life, but someone has to lead it.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Your blog layout is beautiful! I love it!

The tearing in half happened to me too. It was the worst feeling! It was like looking at a split television screen. I drove with one hand over my eye the rest of the way home.

Beth said...

I ripped a contact in my eye earlier this month while running at the track. I like the idea that I was a Popeye for a few minutes.

J'Ollie Primitives said...

I used to wear hard contact lenses. Popped myself in the eye with an acorn when I was weed-whacking and cracked the lens.
Gulp.

Guess the fabric saleslady does NOT like her job. Fabric snobs ~ who needs 'em?

rachel... said...

I don't wear contacts, but my eyes are very sensitive to light and they sometimes water when I'm driving on a bright day. The watering eyes causes my make-up to run into my eyes and causes my eyes to burn and then water some more. Not fun when when you can barely open your eyes while speeding down the expressway with 4 kids in your car. Ugh.

Also, those fabric store ladies are the meanest! It's like they can tell I don't belong or something.

Cindy said...

Didn't you know you have to have a club membership to shop at fabric stores? There's a test. Obviously I did not pass it.

Powered By Blogger