That is exactly how the sign looked. So, I am now quite intrigued. What exactly is a "personal" watermelon? Thoughts:
- It is a watermelon you buy furtively and don't talk about. It's personal, after all.
- It is a watermelon that can be used when one is experiencing that "not so fresh feeling."
- It is a shrink in the form of a watermelon. You buy it, bring it home, and talk to it. Everything you tell it is personal. The watermelon helps you look at things from a different perspective and all becomes well with the world. If this is true, I plan on buying one and taking it to my next therapy session.
- It's MINE. ALL MINE. IT IS PERSONAL.
- Perhaps the watermelon is personable. It is a friendly sort, one that you couldn't bring yourself to actually cut up and eat.
- The watermelon functions as a personal assistant so you can live the movie star life you've always wanted to live. It can be your personal shopper, scheduler, your right-hand fruit.
If you have ever bought a "personal" watermelon, please share with us at Debland why. What are we all missing? Is there a greater meaning to life if one procures a "personal" watermelon? If you haven't purchased a "personal" watermelon, I would appreciate your thoughts on what it possibly could mean.
I'm feeling very philosophical today. Also, I could really go for a slice of watermelon.