Let's all just take a minute and lament the fate of Mr. Carrot.
1. They were playing The Apprentice, and carrot got fired.
2. Carrot is having a identity disorder of some type.
3. Carrot got voted off the island.
4. Carrot just needs some quiet time.
5. Carrot is incarcerated on the hot plate.
6. Carrot is in a sauna.
7. Carrot has oppositional defiance disorder and won't conform.
8. Carrot desperately escaped to avoid his certain fate of ingestion, only to die a slow death of dehydration.
9. Carrot is an advertisement (i.e. sandwich board) for the carrot population.
10. Carrot is a victim of discrimination and/or bullying.
It is times like these where we must think about the carrot, and what society could have done to prevent this. Other hypotheses welcomed.