Friday, June 27, 2008

Random Thoughts Friday

1. I cannot believe I actually am posting Random Thoughts Friday on a FRIDAY. This must be an omen or something.

2. I am intrigued but not surprised at the resurrection of 70's toys. One such toy is Holly Hobbie. Check out this familiar picture that took me back to my youth:




I had so much Holly Hobbie stuff: pictures, doll, lunchbox, paper dolls, etc.

3. However, now that I re-evaluate that Holly Hobbie, I wonder, what is she hiding on her face? I mean, seriously, she's always covered up! My theory is

a. she's really a dude

b. she has horrible acne

c. she actually is faceless.




What do you think?

4. Check out the new Holly Hobbie of the new millenium. I prefer to call her Hoochie Hobbie:




I think we all know what her new hobby is. What do you think is in that box? I say drugs and booze.


5. Yes, I know I am weird. My sense of humor at best could be described as twisted, but you know what? I'm good with that. I like it. Yes, it has gotten me into trouble more than once, but that's ok.


6. Weirdest Google of the week: What are wingdings used for? You know, wingdings? That bizarre font on Microsoft Word? I don't get it. I suppose it could be code, but if someone sent me something written in that, rather than decode it I would probably lose my patience in about 15 seconds and crumple it.


7. Best free Craigslist listing of the week: styrofoam scraps! How useful!


8. Last and final random thought today. After eating several bowls of it this week, I have decided that Trix cereal is NOT just for kids. (Remember that ad from the days of our youth?)

Shameless plug...check out Stinky and Monkey's salon adventures from yesterday! I will be posting them on http://monkeymemonkeyyou.blogspot.com/

We had a blast!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of Holly Hobbie and 70's toys, you should check out the new Strawberry Shortcake. I think she has had some nip/tuck.

Anonymous said...

My theory has always been that Ms. Hobby had a strong aversion to sunlight. I mean look at her from the 70's, she's covered from head to toe. What's that about? Clearly, she's had some medical treatment in the intervening years or perhaps therapy. Who knows.

Megan said...

Hoochie Hobbie... ROFLOL! You are too much! :)

Powered By Blogger