Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I can't love you anymore...I have to love my mommy.


My cutie cute 3 year old nephew Speyer has been staying with me for the past few days. As you can see, he and I were having fun with the cell phone camera yesterday. Speyer subscribes to the "make love, not war" doctrine, as depicted with his peace sign while wearing my sunglasses. Anyhow, everything was going just swimmingly until today, when I told him I loved him, he said the above...
"I can't love you anymore, I have to love my mommy."
Cute? I guess so. But, really dude, does your mommy let you have 3 lollipops in the course of a morning? I think not. Does she buy you a kid's meal with a chocolate milk and a toy? Maybe, but that's beside the point. I am your EBBIE DEBBIE!!! Remember?
Just when I thought all was lost, he then looks at me with that shockingly cute face and says, "just kidding, I love you."
I knew it. I love you too you cutie monkey!!

9 comments:

jill jill bo bill said...

He is adorable!! My nephew when he was 3 would say, Cuz I'm the botch (boss) and I mean it!!" Too cute~

kristin said...

Deb- I don't have your email, but if you want "in" on the blog box, you got it!

Tenakim said...

what a cute story! When I first looked, I thought he was flipping me off- so glad I read!

Sue Wilkey said...

OMG he is the cutest. Spread the love.:)

Insane Mama said...

How cute, I love that I can give my neices lollypops and send them home to their parents.

The Mom Jen said...

That is so dang cute!! So sweet Ebbie Debbie!!

jill jill bo bill said...

Thank you, girl, for the irthday wishes!! And hell, yeah I got lunch AND dinner from the hubs!

Annie said...

I thought he was giving teh finger as well! Cute story!

Anonymous said...

Awwww. too cute! I would love you too if you let me have candy for breakfast! :) I'm easy.

Powered By Blogger