Wednesday, August 27, 2008

What's in a name?


plus




Well, September is right around the corner. That means school starts. Not just for the kids, but for me. Eeeww. I liked having half the summer off. To top it off, I have to take statistics this fall. Double eeeww. I'm bored just thinking of the subject. Also, I'm scared to take it. There. I said it. I can do math, when I have to, but I just don't like it. I had to find some way to make it more fun. But how? It actually was very easy.

When signing up for the class, I had no knowledge of which teacher was better than who, etc. So, I looked for the days and times I wanted. Still had several choices. How was I to pick a professor? Friends, I picked them very scientifically. Very. I chose my professor by their last name. Not very scientific, but fun nonetheless.
So what's my professor's last name? Drumroll please....

WINTERBOTTOM!!


Hey, I never have claimed to be super mature. The name just struck me funny and I chose it. So, no matter how much stat sucks, at least I have a professor with a silly name.


This isn't the first time I've had a teacher with a funny name. A couple other last names I had in my lifetime were:
1. Woodcock. Yes, I'm serious
2. Belcher. In middle school. Poor teacher.
3. Ream. Maybe Ream should meet Winterbottom.
At work. One of the companies I worked for, the last name of the CEO was Wood. Can't say the first name, but it started with a D, and rhymed with "tick". Hehehehe.
My hubby works with someone with a hilarious last name, and the first name just makes it better, but in the interest of him keeping a job, I cannot disclose at this time. It's along the lines of Mr. Wood.
I'm sure there is more, but I'll have to think about them. In the meantime, tell me about some funny last names you've encountered!!

4 comments:

k e r r y said...

Jean Poole and Rosie Rose are two names I have found odd in my life.

amelia bedelia said...

I had Mrs. Miller the Kid Killer in the 3rd grade!

sandy shoes said...

I have a friend named Anya Butt.

For real.

Anonymous said...

I had a roommate in college whose name was Ivy Branch and my mother's GYN was named Dr. Savage...really.

Powered By Blogger