Monday, April 28, 2008

I am ready to tackle my yeast problem...

Now before everyone gets all worked up, I should clarify that I am referring to baking yeast. Although I consider myself to be a pretty good cook and baker, I have never been able to master recipes calling for yeast, rising dough, etc. It has always bothered me that I "can't" do it. Today, my friends, is a new day. I am going to sign off here, and go and make roll dough, rise it, and serve everyone fresh rolls with dinner tonight. Rolls that don't have to be choked down with lots of water, rolls that aren't dense and heavy enough to be used as a lethal weapon (seriously, I have made those before), rolls that actually taste good.

When I was in Utah, Emily showed me how to make good rolls. I have her recipe. Keep your fingers crossed. No matter what the outcome, I promise to post pics from this latest adventure.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger