Friday, May 9, 2008

As promised...

I would like to introduce Chessie. Chessie is my friend Jen's cat. Jen has sanctioned this photo spread (no pun intended). Chessie is, how shall we put it? She is a most unusual cat with major attachment issues. She wants to be, and will be loved, at all times, whether or not you like it. She literally will come up to you, yowl, and head butt you until you pet her. If you stop petting her, she will yowl, and head butt you and claw you until you resume petting her. With Chessie, love really does hurt. Despite the love she gets, she does not share the love with the other pets in the household.




The best part about Chessie is her exhibitionist tendencies. She especially loves to "let it all hang out" frequently when grooming. Here is an example:





Apparently you didn't look long enough, because now Chessie is putting on her evil stare and thinking..."you know you want to see this". Try not to get hypnotized by the glowing eyes.



Chessie doing her best Austin Powers imitation - "Do I make you horny baby?" Despite, ahem...appearances, no, Jen's house is not freezing cold.

Chessie also thinks she is the alpha dog. She frequently tortures poor Millie, Jen's sweet little dog. Look at the evil eye she is giving Millie, and note Millie's obvious distress.


I'm hoping that Chessie can make some regular appearances here in Debland. While I find her to be kind of disturbing, she is also fascinating.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's disturbing yet completely fitting that my cat has become a photo spread on your blog. Your description of her is right on the money, although you left out the fact that she is the crankiest animal I've ever met.

Deb said...

Totally unrelated comment. I was my own 888th visitor!

Go me.

Anonymous said...

Love the photos and the commentary! It pleases me immensely to hear about other people's crazy animals!! She is finally getting the attention she deserves!!

Anonymous said...

Those are the cutest photos ever. She looks like such a sweet cat and the dog is so cute.

MommyC said...

You must mention Chessie's brother, Franklin too. There are some interesting stories too...

Deb said...

Holly,

Glad to see you in Debland! Come back and comment again soon.


:)

Deb said...

Hey MommyC,

I thought the same exact thing. Any cat that takes psychotropic drugs is totally worth posting about.

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa-sweet isn't quite the adjective I'd use to describe Chessie. I'm glad you think she's cute, but she is the meanest, crankiest, most ungrateful old cat I've ever met (and I love animals but she pushes the limits). Tim decided she needed an advanced directive so he issued a DNLF, which is medical cat language in case she gets out of the house- Do Not Look For. That about sums her up.

Powered By Blogger