Sunday, May 4, 2008

Which came first, the song or the drink?







So I'm driving the other day, and what do I hear on XM radio 80's channel? Tone Loc's "Funky Cold Medina". I can't believe that song/video was made in 1989! That also was the year I gradulated high school. Anyhow, the premise of this song was that if a guy wanted to score with a girl, he could give her this drink called a Funky Cold Medina. I never thought the drink was real, I figured it was just a fictitious name for a cocktail. So what did I do? I googled it. Lo and behold, there is actually a recipe for a Funky Cold Medina. Here it is...


Funky Cold Medina

1 oz. Curacao, blue
1 oz. Southern Comfort
1 oz. Vodka
Fill with Cranberry Juice
Glass to Use
Mason Jar Mixing Instructions
Pour everything into a jar with ice.


Now the directions say that you should pour it into a jar. Personally, I wouldn't consider drinking out of a jar to be particularly enticing. Maybe a cosmo glass, or something like that. That being said, I don't honestly believe a Funky Cold Medina is really going to do it for most of the ladies I know. At this juncture, most of the girls I know would much rather experience watching their significant other do some mundane household task, such as vaccuming, folding laundry, helping brush the kids' teeth, and things of this nature. That and a glass of wine will work out just fine. By the way, there is a definition for what I am describing. It is actually called "choreplay". Don't believe me? Just go to www.urbandictionary.com and look it up.

My other thought about this whole thing is that if I made a Funky Cold Medina, I doubt it would smoke like the one in the video, and I don't particularly want to drink something with dry ice in it.

I'm not really sure of the point of this whole post, but I must say I have thoroughly amused myself. I think I'll go make myself a little drink. Nothing too exciting, perhaps I'll put a slice of lemon in some ice water. I live a very exciting life.

Who else liked Tone Loc back in the day?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey I think that drink sounds good. We should have it at the next family gathering.

Deb said...

Yeah, we can give some to mom. Maybe it will loosen her up a little bit. Doubt it.

Powered By Blogger