Monday, May 19, 2008

The origin of words and phrases...

So, I don't know about you, but I am fascinated with the origin of words, and especially phrases. I subscribe to a daily e-mail from the most unusual website, urban dictionary - www.urbandictionary.com
Check out the e-mail they sent me last week:




The word for May 12 is ass is grass
An expression foretelling a person's doom or demise. Originated from the fact that a murdered person's body decomposes and then provides fertilizer for grass, hence the "ass" becoming grass.


I thought it was pretty funny. The one disclaimer I will make about Urban Dictionary is that some of the words and phrases they send can be offensive, as well as the sentences they write using the word they e-mail you. I specifically did not include the sentence that accompanied "ass is grass". So, if you decide to check them out, consider yourself warned. Many times however, the word is just funny.

Happy Monday. May we all survive it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting. It sounds like something David and Jake would be interested in.

Powered By Blogger