Thursday, July 10, 2008

If I start touting the benefits of Metamucil...

then you'll know my new classmates will have been a bad influence on me. Classmates, you say? Not college classmates, exercise classmates. See picture below. By the way, this isn't an actual picture of where I'll be, but you get the idea.

Quick story for my readers that don't know me...last year my stupid arch in my foot totally collapsed due to a tendon rupture, and I had the good fortune of going through a nasty foot reconstruction. I'll spare you the details, but the recovery time was/is a year. It sucked. My surgery was last August.

Anyhow, my surgeon and physical therapy people that treated me recommended that I take a water exercise class, since it is low impact, etc, etc. I've been hesitant to get signed up for one. This is where Kylee comes in...

Kylee is my good friend from childhood. She weathered the same crazy wacko church that I was brought up in, and like me, has lived to tell the tale. We have seen each other through the good, the bad, and the ugly. We were in each other's weddings. We have daughters the same age. We used to be known for throwing some kick ass parties at her parents house when they were out of town. We also were known to show up at some kick ass parties at our now husband's college. Yes, we actually married college roommates. We may or may not have had a wild and crazy mommy sleepover a year or so ago. There is no proof. :) We enjoy a fun, meaningful, and occasionally sophmoric relationship. Kylee rocks.

Anyhow, Kylee started a water exercise class recently. She told me about it, and after thinking about it, I decided I should totally take it. First of all, because I need to, and secondly because who better to take such a class with? The best part is that the class is full of old people. Yup. Old people. I actually like old people. She and I are going to be the cool chicks, the bad asses in the class, hopefully in the back row, giggling and passing notes. Hmm, passing notes in the pool might be hard. Guess we'll have to whisper.

Stay tuned for what hopefully will be a great source of blog fodder.

3 comments:

Megan said...

You'll be the young hot chicks --you're gonna give the old guys a kinked neck. Watch out for the ones in Speedos... ROFLOL! :)

Anonymous said...

I keep trying to email you back after you comment on me, but everything is bouncing! Seems to take a few days, but eventually everything comes back to me.

*sniff*

Deb said...

Veronica,

So sorry to hear that! I did get an email from you the other day...have you sent others?

Powered By Blogger