Tuesday, July 1, 2008

So embarassing, yet so appropriate...

So I'm sitting at the swim club yesterday afternoon, after a wretched week of school involving tons of homework, tests, and computer malfunction (which stinks when you are taking a computer class).

I'm sitting there, like every other suburban mom, just trying to read a magazine. This in itself is a treat given the fact that I usually bring 1 or 2 unwieldy textbooks to the pool. So, usually I look like a superdork at the pool, yesterday, I just looked like every other capri pants wearing mom.

In between chatting with some other Mom's about vacations, etc, I go to scratch an itch on my ankle. Much to my dismay, my freshly shaven legs are sporting a patch. A patch of what, you ask? A patch of hair. Not short stubbly hair, but a patch of longish, dark, ugly, at least 1 month's worth of hair. It appears I have been missing a spot. Not a spot, a PATCH. It looked like a thicket! So embarassing. I spent the rest of the time at the pool trying to strategically hide it. Thank God it started raining and we got to leave.

My question is, am I the only one who does this?? Am I the only crappy lady-scaper out there? Please tell me if I am alone or not.

Yours in shaving,

Deb

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always miss a patch, usually on the back of my leg behind the thigh. And, I have much darker hair than you.

Megan said...

I'm very careful about the patch I once found below the outer ankle. Scary! Thanks for letting me know it's not just me! LOL! :)

KathleenKMM said...

I always miss the back of an ankle and my knees. Luckily I'm really blonde but it still bothers me when I notice it!

Powered By Blogger