Monday, July 7, 2008

Summer gardens

Actually this post has nothing to do with gardening, but it does involve a funny joke my friend Susan sent me...joke appears in italics:

ROSES & HANGING BASKETS A teenage granddaughter Comes downstairs for her date with this see-through blouse on and no bra. Her grandmother just pitched a fit, Telling her not to dare go out like that!
The teenager tells her 'Loosen up Grams. These are modern times. You gotta let your rose buds show!' And out she goes.
The next day the teenager comes down stairs, and the grandmother is sitting there with no top on. The teenager wants to die. She explains to her grandmother that she has friends coming over And that it is just not appropriate.
The grandmother says, 'Loosen up, Sweetie. If you can show off your rose buds, Then I can display my hanging baskets.'


By posting this, I am not alluding in any way to the current state of my "flowers".

Btw- I just giggled and snorted when typing the last sentence.

Comments? Feel free as you are moved to share.

1 comment:

Tenakim said...

I've recieved this joke before- it's just a matter of time until we are all sporting hanging baskets.

Powered By Blogger